Substance Abuse Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
Working forward together to maintain sobriety
ASAM Level 2.1 Intensive Outpatient Services (IOP) as defined in 12VAC30-130-5090 are a structured program of skilled treatment services for adults, children and adolescents. IOP service delivery requires a minimum of 3 service hours per service day to achieve 9 to 19 hours of services per week for adults and 6 to 19 hours of services per week for children and adolescents.
Services can also be provided on the weekend and those hours are part of the weekly hours as long as they do not exceed the maximum hours. This service is provided to members who do not require the intensive level of care of inpatient, residential, or partial hospitalization services, but requires more intensive services than outpatient services. We are “Co-Occurring Enhanced” so we can accept individuals with psychiatric conditions.
Paying For This Service
This service is paid for by a participant’s Medicaid insurance. Please call our office at 804.230.0999 for more information.
Guidelines For Admission
Please contact our office for information regarding admission to this program at 804.230.0999.
Substance Use Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) Service Goals:
1. Increased personal insight to co-occurring symptoms, addictive thought and behavioral patterns;
2. Increased knowledge of the bio-psycho-social-spiritual addiction disease model;
3. Self-awareness to patterns of emotional, mental, physical signs and stages of the relapse process;
4. Enhanced motivation and commitment to pursuit of life-long recovery;
5. Ability to maintain extended periods of abstinence;
6. Improved co-occurring coping and relapse prevention skills to include a written relapse plan;
7. Improved interpersonal relationships through positive and assertive communication skills;
8. Development of a community support system conducive to long-term recovery; and
9. Strong community re-integration plan with stable employment, and/or vocational rehabilitation supports.